4 things to look forward to at the United Fresh Produce Show
The United Fresh Produce Show is right around the corner and the LGMA has a number of important activities planned for this industry-wide event scheduled for June 20 to 22 at the McCormick Convention Center in Chicago.
- Check out our educational session as part of Show Floor Learning Center. The LGMA session, titled Training Employees: How Understanding the “Why” Behind Food Safety Motivates Culture Change is critically important for anyone working to develop an effective worker training program. Come listen to insights from a panel which includes members of STOP Foodborne Illness, an advocacy group representing victims of foodborne illness. The panel discussion will be moderated by Jorge Hernandez, Chief Food Safety Officer at Wholesome International, and a member of the STOP Foodborne Illness Board of Directors. The LGMA has benefitted greatly from our partnership with STOP Foodborne Illness and we want to share this unique program with others in the produce community. The session will take place: Tuesday, June 21 at 11:30 a.m. in the FreshTech Show Floor Learning Center
- To provide consistent, reliable training on the very important practice of handwashing, the LGMA has developed an app for iPhone and Android. This simple tool can make a big difference in produce safety and the LGMA is working to raise awareness and usage of the app by competing in the United Produce Association’s 2016 Produce Innovation Awards The app is a finalist in the “Best New Food Safety Solution” category. Available in English and Spanish, the app is free to download and can be delivered anywhere. We encourage you to download the Interactive Handwashing Training app. We hope you find it beneficial in your operation – if you do, you can vote for us at the show.
- The LGMA will have a booth on the show floor (#2538). This year we are encouraging retail and foodservice food safety personnel to stop by our booth for a “drop in chat.” We’ll be updating you with information from our upcoming Annual Report on the most recent government audit results and we’ll also provide you with updates on FSMA activities and more. We encourage you to come by and check out the comprehensive curriculum that is designed to keep workers trained on how to follow the stringent LGMA food safety practices.
- Be sure to visit certified members of the LGMA who are also exhibiting at the United Show to learn more about their individual commitment to producing safe leafy greens. Those exhibiting include the following:
- Apio booth #2034
- Classic Salads booth #2244
- Dole booth #1800
- Earthbound Farms booth #2251
- Fresh Express booth #2026
- Fresh Origins booth #1445
- Growers Express/Green Giant Fresh booth #1641
- Mann Packing booth #1823
- Ready Pac Food booth #1852
- Royal Rose LLC booth #1356
- Taylor Farms booth #2048